|Company Name||Reserve Bank of India(RBI)|
|Post||Research Positions in Grade-B|
|No of Vacancy||4|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last date to apply||16 Dec 2016|
About Us :
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated.Though originally privately owned, since nationalisation in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
- Specific areas of our research interest include Monetary economics, e-banking and financial institutions, central banking, corporate finance, financial markets, financial regulation, financial stability, household finance, liquidity, payment systems and related areas of macro finance such as real‐financial sector linkages and international economics and finance.
- Candidates will be expected to do policy oriented research to assist in RBI’s economic policy formulation.
- Candidates should have the ability, background, and motivation to conduct quality research independently and also help develop a vibrant research environment.
- Candidates will also be expected to conduct high quality original research directed at the top economics and finance journals.
- Candidate should possess Ph.D. in areas of Economics or Finance form reputed universities is the minimum required educational qualification. The Bank will also look at those with interest and expertise in related areas in econometrics, computational and theoretical economics. High quality research potential and communication skills of international standards are essential.
Age Limit :
The applicant should be below 34 years of age. In case of PWD candidates, age relaxation as per extant Government of India instructions
Selection Process :
- Final selection will be through interview only. A preliminary screening of the applications will be carried out for making, if necessary, a short-list of eligible candidates to be called for the interview. Hence, merely fulfilling the minimum requirements laid down for the post would not automatically entitle any candidate for interview. The place and date of interview will be advised to the short-listed candidates in due course.
The General Manager,
Reserve Bank of India Services Board,
Third Floor, RBI Building,
Opp. Mumbai Central Railway Station,
Byculla, Mumbai – 400008