CATERPILLAR Hirings FRESHERS As associate Engineers 15 April 2016 @ Chennai
|Job Role||Associate Engineers|
|Last Date to Apply||Apr 15, 2016 Time:11:59 pm|
Your road to achievement is built through a career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on your community and the world.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Your road to success is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you appreciate that working for a global leader creates endless opportunities for you.
- Position is to provide engine simulation support to the Virtual Product Development Group at EDC-I which is responsible for supporting the emission, performance and mechanical development of Caterpillar Engines.
- Candidate will be responsible for supporting the US based Product team in design, development and virtual validation of mechanical system performance through simulation models. Candidate will be responsible for
- validating the structural integrity and life of various engines/machine structures by performing complex engine performance analysis/FEA/CFD simulations to define the optimum design solution. This will be achieved through the use of commercial and in-house developed software and processes.
- Job responsibilities may include helping customers apply virtual validation tools to engine and machine development problems, automating simulation processes for users and developing best practice guidelines.
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering Mechanical / Applied Mechanics / Aerospace etc. of students from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or equivalent who will be completing their 2 years master program by June/July 2016.
Key Skill Sets :
- Knowledge of underlying theoretical principles of Mechanical Engineering.
- Sound understanding of Engine fundamentals, together with an appreciation of the related underlying theoretical principles
- Working knowledge and control principles for common mechanical systems
Courses in the following domain:
- -Internal Combustion Engines, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Numerical Methods, Strength of Material, Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery, Turbomachinery, Advanced Thermodynamics, Basic Control System Theory
Preferred Skill Sets :
- Undergraduate project in the field of Engines using Finite Element Analysis/ Computational
- Fluid Dynamics/Engine performance principles.
- Working knowledge of any FEA, CFD or System Simulation software
- Working knowledge of tools like Matlab, Simulink and (advanced) MS Excel.
Key Competencies :
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Self-starter with an inquisitive mind
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Strong customer focus with ability to work closely and deliver timely support
Job Details :
- Unposting Date: Apr 15, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
- Primary Location: India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
- Job: Engineering