Ellucian Hiring Freshers As Software Test Engineer On Feb 2017 @ Bangalore
|Job Role||Software Test Engineer|
|Last Date to Apply||ASAP|
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
- Work with the project team to analyze project/product requirements and testing needs in order to create and execute a comprehensive test strategy including both functional and technical/system-level testing
- Actively participate in software requirements, design, and code reviews to provide early and continuous quality feedback
- Identify and develop manual and automated test scripts for various types of testing: Acceptance, Usability, Functional, and Regression
- Setup and maintain test environments
- Execute/analyze test cases and communicate results.
- Help troubleshoot and verify bugs and errors reported
- Write code to automate regression tests
- Participate in code reviews
- Update test scripts based on bugs and changes/upgrades to the application
- Work with team members to find the cause of defects
- Work effectively with members of the project team to ensure project success and champion high quality throughout the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience testing complex multi-tiered web based systems and complex data-driven applications
- Good understanding of testing methodology and software development lifecycles
- Experience writing test plans, strategies, and test cases
- Automating regression tests around the test frameworks and keeping on increasing test coverage
- 1+ years of in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with software testing methodologies, process, and deliverables
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including but not limited to Selenium-Webdriver,
- PhantomJS, NightmareJS, Casper, Mocha or Jasmine
- Proficient with testing REST APIs, Web & Database testing.
- Experience using tools such as Selenium, SOAP UI, POSTMAN
- Proficient with SQL and relational database concepts
- Highly motivated self-starter with advanced capability to quickly learn, and work with new technologies and complex technical environments, including a variety of databases and operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and strong teamwork relationships
- Ability to work hands-on and also provide leadership in the implementation of complex testing solutions.
- Display a high-level of initiative and troubleshooting skills