Customer Service Executive For B.E/B.Tech @ Tata Communications Recruitment 2017 On Dec 2017 @ Chennai
Tata Communications Jobs 2017
|Company Name||Tata Communications|
|Job Role||Customer Service Executive|
- Working in NOC environment in shifts dedicated to media customers, managing the end to end Video Connect Service setup riding over dedicated SDH Network including Nimbra equipments, encoders, decoders, L2 IP switches, Satellite Receivers, MCPC Mux, Rasterizers& other broadcasting equipment.
- Handles Service delivery & Service assurance function for Video Connect Customers- Media & Entertainment segment, namely TV Channels, Sports Channels, Content distribution & Adhoc events like Common wealth games, Cricket world cup, IPL, EPL, NBA, etc, both in Media services operations centre as well as on site as per requirement.
- Handles Services& backhaul network configuration, provisioning & troubleshooting activities on a dedicated platform meant for Video distribution. The platform uses the DTM protocol & proprietary equipments by Net Insight, AB Sweden and for MCPC service for uplink of TV channels, O&M of Harmonics Prostream Mux etc.,
- Maintaining service network infrastructure in accordance with industry Best Practices.
Providing technical support for the Video Connect Network & other elements of the service setup on 24×7.
- Responding to service requests and service escalations.
- Maintaining documentation, including network diagrams, procedures, and asset inventory.
- Needs to handle various functional reports, cross functional follow ups, ticketing & routine NOC activities, Resolve various problems raised to NOC which occur due to problem in Video Connect network, if required by coordinating with other internal NOC teams responsible for the problematic segment.
- Implement Change Management Requests as per process and TATs.
- Prepare and send reports as prescribed and required format.
- On-site project support & travelling to the site, for On-demand services like the current Cricket World cup, CWG games etc.
- Engineering Graduate( B.E or B.Tech in Electronics & Telecom Engg.or equivalent)
Proven Academic Record.
- Cisco certification (CCNA) is a plus.
- Any certification related to broadcasting & transmission is an added advantage.
- Candidates must be customer-oriented, self-motivated, ambitious, and dedicated team player.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and issues simultaneously to meet timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple duty pattern in shifts both on site and off site.
- Experience in Satellite, Broadcasting & Media and playout environment is an added advantage