RBS Hiring Freshers As Associate Java Software Designer On May 2016 @ Across India
|Job Role||Associate Java Software Designer|
|Skills||SQL, ANT, UNIX SVN|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last date to apply||May 2016|
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is a large international banking and financial services company. Headquartered in Edinburgh, RBS serves over 24 million customers worldwide. As part of its sustainability mandate, RBS believes in inclusive growth and demonstrates it by supporting local communities in the countries in which it operates. RBS implements several programs to promote enterprises, with a special focus on livelihood generation, youth and women.RBS India in line with the global objectives works towards economic inclusion for those excluded from the mainstream economy.
- From our headquarters in Edinburgh, RBS serves over 24 million customers in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Asia. RBS Global Hub India is critical in helping RBS become the number 1 bank for customer service, trust and advocacy.
- Here in India, we support our client-facing businesses and divisions, providing secure, reliable and efficient services to customers wherever they are in the world.
RBS BSPL has been named Best Employer in India 2013, as per the Aon Hewitt Best Employers Study. We are an equal opporunity employer, and welcome applicationsall sections of the community.
- TMOSS – Transaction Management operations and shared services consists of business critical applications to provide Collateral Management, Affirmation/Confirmations, Settlement and Reporting functions for various product types.
The Specialist Area
- This is an excellent opportunity to work as an individual contributor in a high performing technology team developing end to end solutions for RBS Markets Fixed Income Ops IT.
- This role would help the Bank to enhance and configure Glacier to serve the middle office and settlements business processes along with meeting various regulatory and mandatory changes.
- The person must be technically competent, fast learner and be able translate the business requirement into technical solutions under the supervision of the Team lead/Dev manager.
- Understand Financial Domain and F2B Trade Life cycle.
- Use agile methodology to provide technical solutions to the functional requirements provided by globally located teams.
- Ensure optimum performance and stability of the code developed and deployed.
- Perform analysis, estimation, development, testing and documentation forassigned development tasks.
- Take ownership of issues through to issue resolution or escalation, as appropriate.
- Code optimisation, performance tuning, demonstrations to QA, BA teams, builds and deployments.
- Ownership of Change process – raise Prod Change requests, follow up for approvals, maintenance of release and config plans.
- Develop specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams.
- Liaise with stakeholders on potential process improvements.
- Comply with Bank standards and established processes.
- Train, guide and mentor new hires in the team.
Essential Experience: (Must have)
- Work experience in Java Script, SQL, ANT, UNIX SVN and Eclipse
- Excellent knowledge of OOPS and Multi-threading.
- Understanding of client-server architecture and important Design Patterns.
- Logical mind with keen analytical skills
- Clear and concise communicator, in both written and verbal.
- Organised and efficient.
- Ability to respond well to pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across team boundaries.
- Supplementary Experience: (Good to have)
- Previous exposure to Rates-Derivative/Credit/Fixed-Income products and settlement.
- Familiarity with agile methodology and development tools.
- At RBS, Your Reward doesn’t just stop at your monthly salary, it gives you access to a range of benefits that are flexible to your needs. Amongst many choices, you’ll have access to retirement savings plans and healthcare plans. We make it easy to take advantage of the many options available to you.
- Using RBSelect, you can go online and make changes to the mix of benefits that are best suited to your requirements. It’s Your Reward, your way.