About the role
CodeChef is seeking a Backend Engineer for a frenetic journey, who will be involved in all technical/engineering aspects related to the platform, playing a critical role in the design, planning, development, and deployment. We are looking for the one, who will help develop best practices for future development. The job offers the rare delight of owning the platform which is an integral part of the programming community.
– Code, develop and design features
– Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test and support
– Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
– Bug fixing, thwarting hackers
– Optimizations, scaling, performance enhancements
– Investigation of hard algorithmic problems (occasionally)
What should you possess:
– Good algorithmic problem-solving skills
– In-depth knowledge of any one programming language – Any, in-depth
– Exposure to any web technology. (PHP/Python/Ruby/Erlang etc)
– Academic/Industrial exposure to Computer Science. (Not having a professional computer science degree should not deter you from knowing the fundamentals)
– Understanding of Networking, Operating Systems, Databases
Good to have
– Insight into the inner workings of the Web. Hands-on with REST APIs / APIs, Proxies, HTTP, DNS, Queuing & Scheduling.
– Experience in using *nix systems like GNU/Linux & Mac OS X.
– Selected for GSoC, Participated, and won of any Hackathons
– Running a deployed web/mobile
– If you are a Free and Open Source Software contributor, do let us know. We value it.
An ideal team member has –
– A strong desire to make a difference
– Love for technology and computer science education
– A liking for what CodeChef does (each one of us here wholly believes in what we do, and see this not just as work but as an endeavor towards a common goal)
– Pursues excellence
– Driven by a desire to make an impact than by money. We do compensate our employees reasonably well, but this is not the highest paying job in the world.
– Delight of owning the platform for the programming community
– An opportunity to make a difference.
Annual Salary Range
– Rs. 8,00,000 (Fixed)