Western Digital Recruitment 2018 For Intern | B.E/B.Tech @ Bangalore
Western Digital Recruitment 2018
|Company Name||Western Digital Company|
|Job Role||Intern 1, Engineering|
- Stays current with firmware development methodologies.
- Typical activities include design and implantation of data structures, software algorithms, data path, drivers for HW cores and implementation of storage interfaces like SAS, SATA to deliver cutting-edge storage products.
- Develops embedded firmware for disk drives.
- Firmware development is done primarily in C++ on multiple environments: FPGA, Simulator, Final product.
- Debugs issues involving advanced drive features across a wide variety of hardware and
software platforms, including PC’s, servers, RAID, and various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Follows department processes and guidelines for firmware development and strives to meet company goals and objectives.
- Assists in developing and validating solutions for issues related to disk drive firmware.
- Documents findings of engineering analyses and investigations. Creates design documents pertinent to the various phases of firmware development
- Bachelors CS, CE, EC or equivalent requiredStrong programming skills (C, C++ Java).
- Previous RTOS experience advantage. (e.g. uCOS/ThreadX/MQX/VxWorks/Embedded Linux)
- Familiarity with micro-controller architecture (ARM or ARC), embedded systems desired.
- Capable of developing system view for complex embedded systems Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of quickly learning new firmware, hardware, systems, tools, and methodologies